Obtaining a Marriage License
Who Should Apply in Point Pleasant Beach
At least one prospective applicant resides in Point Pleasant Beach; if both are from out of state then the Town where the ceremony will occur.
Where to Apply
Point Pleasant Beach Clerk/Registrar Office, by Appointment Only. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Call 732-892-1118, ext. 210 to schedule your appointment.
When to Apply
The recommendation is to make an appointment at least two weeks before the ceremony. There is a mandated 72-hour waiting period from the time of application until you can use your marriage license. Weekends are counted in the waiting period, however, we close at 4 pm on Friday. If your license is needed during the weekend, it must be picked up before 4 pm on Friday.
After the license is issued to you and picked up, the marriage license may be used in the State of New Jersey for thirty (30) days, after which time the license expires.
Present at application time – Both Applicants and One Witness 18 years of age or older who knows the couple and speaks English.
- Proof of Residency such as a driver’s license, lease, tax return, etc. (If the applicant lives in NJ)
- Valid Photo Government ID
- Proof of Identity for Applicants and Witness
- Social Security Numbers
- Applicant’s Parents Birth Places
- Applicant’s Parents Full Names at Birth
- Name & Address of Person Officiating at the Marriage Ceremony (phone number is helpful)
- Date and Location of Divorce (if applicant is divorced) or Previous Spouse’s Death (if applicant widowed)
- Minors Wanting to Get Married: Contact the Registrar’s Office for specific information.
- Blood Tests are No Longer Required to Obtain a Marriage License in NJ
For any further questions, please call us at 732-892-1118, Ext 210.