Obtaining a Civil Union License
Who Should Apply in Point Pleasant Beach
One of the prospective partners resides in Point Pleasant Beach; if both are from out of state then the Town where the ceremony will occur.
Where to Apply
Point Pleasant Beach Clerk/Registrar Office, Monday through Friday, by Appointment Only. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Call 732-892-1118, ext. 210 to schedule your appointment.
When to Apply
The recommendation is to make an appointment at least two weeks before the ceremony. There is a mandated 72-hour waiting period from the time of application until you can use your civil union license. Weekends are counted in the waiting period, however, we close at 4 pm on Friday. If your license is needed during the weekend, it must be picked up before 4 pm on Friday.
After the license is issued to you and picked up, the civil union license may be used in the State of New Jersey for thirty (30) days, after which time the license expires.
Present at application time - Both Partners and One Witness 18 years of age or older who knows the couple and speaks English.
- Proof of Residency such as a driver's license, lease, tax return, etc. (If the applicant lives in NJ)
- Valid Photo Government ID
- Proof of Identity for Applicants and Witness
- Both Parents' Birth Places
- Both Parents Full Names at Birth
- Name, Address, and Phone Number of the Person Officiating at the Civil Union (phone number is helpful)
- Social Security Numbers
- Date and location of Termination of Domestic Partnership or Dissolution of Civil Union (If Previously in a Domestic Partnership of Civil Union)
Minors Wanting to enter a Civil Union
Contact the Registrar's Office for specific information. For any further questions, please call us at 732-892-1118, Ext 210