Shade Tree Commission
- 7 pm
- 1st Monday of every month
- Municipal Building
416 New Jersey Avenue
Point Pleasure Beach, NJ 08742
(Unless publicized to be held at another time or location.)
Meetings may be live streamed and accessed at Point Pleasant Beach Townhall Youtube page.
The June 30, 2023 and September 1, 2023 meetings of the Shade Tree Commission have been Canceled.
The following Shade Tree Commission meetings have been Added
- Monday, August 7, 2023 at 7 pm and Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7 pm
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Anne Lightburn (Chair)
- Mary Ellin Mallazzo
- Peter Ritchings
- David Smith
- Louise Stillufsen
- Tracey Lipary - 1st Alternate
- Caryn Byrnes, Council Liaison
The Shade Tree Commission has planted thirty street trees along Arnold Avenue and is currently expanding that project to other streets throughout the town. Volunteers always welcome.
There are a few acceptable street tree types.
Not Acceptable: Bradford Pear!
- Big Beautiful Tree Program Spring 2023 (PDF)
- Nominate your Block Spring 2023 (PDF)
- Point Pleasant Beach Native Trees (PDF)
- Spring 2021 Tree Program (PDF)
- Nominate your Block for Street Trees Fall 2021 (PDF)
- Fall 2021 Tree Program (PDF)
- Bill Brash Point Pleasant Home Landscape presentation (PDF)
- Landscaping with Natives for a Healthy Environment (PDF)
Invasive Plants & Trees
- Community Forestry Management Plan Accomplishment Report 2015 (PDF)
- Follow-Up After Planting (PDF)
- Plant A Tree The Right Way! (PDF)
- Planting A Balled and Burlapped (B and B) Tree In Sandy Soil (PDF)
- PPB BBT Resident Buying Program Order Form Spring 2020 (DOCX)
- PPB BBT Resident Buying Program Spring 2020 (DOCX)
- Proposed 2017 Open Space And Recreation Plan (PDF)
- Recommended Street Trees (PDF)
- Tree Planting Detail (PDF)
- Tree Removal Permit Application (PDF)