416 New Jersey Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742 • 732-892-1118 • www.pointpleasantbeach.org
Welcome to Point Pleasant Beach

Information for Newlyweds

Handling and Processing of your Marriage License:

The license must be used in NEW JERSEY and must be delivered to the person who is to perform the marriage ceremony. This person is required, by law, to complete and file this certificate within 5 days. You will receive the PINK copy (this is not a certified legal document) and the officiant will retain the BLUE copy for his/her records.

Certified Copy of Marriage License

You must contact the Registrar of Vital Statistics in the municipality where you were married to receive a certified legal copy of your marriage license. This certificate is available a week after your marriage. This certified copy will be needed as proof of marriage, to change your name on your drivers license, social security or insurance forms. There is a fee for this document.

Social Security Information

New brides and anyone else who has had a recent name change should contact the SOCIAL SECURITY office at 1-800-772-1213 or at www.ssa.gov to have their names changed on social security records. A new card with the same number will be issued reflecting the new name. Offices are located at:

2620 Yorktowne Blvd., Brick 08724
8 Robbins St., Toms River, NJ 08753

To change your name on social security records, you will need to submit evidence showing both your old and new names. For brides, a certified copy of the marriage certificate is the best evidence. A certified copy may be obtained from the Registrar of Vital Statistics in the municipality where the marriage took place. If the bride is foreign born, she will also need evidence of U.S. citizenship or current alien status.

Municipal Forms Download for Android Download for Iphone
Download for Iphones
Download for Android

Add/Remove/Update Your Contact Information
SwiftReach Networks, Inc.

Municipal Forms

Power Outage

Hurricane Sandy Information