Obtaining a Marriage License
Who Should Apply in Point Pleasant Beach
Prospective bride or groom resides in Point Pleasant Beach; if both are from out of state then the Town where the ceremony will occur.
Where to Apply
Point Pleasant Beach Clerk/Registrar Office, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays by Appointment Only. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00am to 4:00 pm. Call (732) 892-1118, Ext. 210 to schedule your appointment.
When to Apply
Recommendation is to make an appointment at least two weeks before the ceremony. There is a mandated 72 hour waiting period from the time of application until you can use your marriage license. Weekends are counted in the waiting period, however we close at 4:00 pm on Friday. If your license is needed during the weekend, it must be picked up before 4:00 pm on Friday.
After the license is issued to you and picked up, the marriage license may be used in the State of New Jersey for thirty (30) days, after which time the license expires.
Present at application time – Bride, Groom, and One Witness 18 years of age or older who knows the couple and speaks English.
- Birth Certificates
- Divorce, Annulment, or Death Certificate (If Previously Married)
- $28.00 Exact Change or Check
- Proof of Residency such as a driver’s license, lease, tax return, etc.
- Proof of Identity for Bride, Groom and Witness
- Social Security Numbers
- Both Parents Birth Places
- Both Mothers Maiden Names
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Person Officiating at the Marriage Ceremony
Contact the Registrar’s office for specific information.
Blood Tests are No Longer Required to Obtain a Marriage License in NJ
For any further questions, please call us at (732) 892-1118, Ext 210.