Obtaining a Civil Union License
Who Should Apply in Point Pleasant Beach
One of the prospective partners resides in Point Pleasant Beach; if both are from out of state then the Town where the ceremony will occur.
Where to Apply
Point Pleasant Beach Clerk/Registrar Office, Monday through Friday, by Appointment Only. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00am to 4:00 pm. Call (732) 892-1118, Ext. 210 to schedule your appointment.
When to Apply
Recommendation is to make an appointment at least two weeks before the ceremony. There is a mandated 72 hour waiting period from the time of application until you can use your civil union license. Weekends are counted in the waiting period, however we close at 4:00 pm on Friday. If your license is needed during the weekend, it must be picked up before 4:00 pm on Friday.
After the license is issued to you and picked up, the civil union license may be used in the State of New Jersey for thirty (30) days, after which time the license expires.
Present at application time – Both Partners and One Witness 18 years of age or older who knows the couple and speaks English.
1. Birth Certificates
2. Termination of Domestic Partnership or Dissolution of Civil Union (If Previously in a Domestic Partnership of Civil Union)
3. $28.00 Exact Change or Check
4. Proof of Residency such as a driver’s license, lease, tax return, etc.
5. Proof of Identity for Bride, Groom and Witness
6. Social Security Numbers
1. Both Parents Birth Places
2. Both Mothers Maiden Names
3. Name, Address and Phone Number of Person Officiating at the Civil Union
Minors Wanting to enter a Civil Union
Contact the Registrar’s office for specific information.
For any further questions, please call us at (732) 892-1118, Ext 210