416 New Jersey Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742 • 732-892-1118 • www.pointpleasantbeach.org
Welcome to Point Pleasant Beach

Point Pleasant Beach News


Printable Version


Aug 23, 2016

Beautification Committee Minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM by Gary Mecca

The following members were in attendance Mary Steiner, Dave Cavagnaro, Gary Mecca, Penny Mecca, Beth Cox, Elia Desruisseaux, Liz Hahner, Sandy Pasola

Barrels and Gardens - Reminder if you see dry barrels call Gary and he will water. Barrel by Green Planet is gone. Five new barrels purchased at Home Depot. One barrel was stolen from the boro yard. More sprinkler heads are needed at butterfly garden. Gary or DPW to install additional.
Discussed maintenance to be done at Sandy's point. Keep roses and grasses and trim hedges down to four feet. Gary will talk to boro yard about hedge trimming. After September an all member work day will be organized.

Flags - Have enough flags for next year but need to replace some straps at $7.50/ea, poles at $10.25/ea, and brackets at $6.00. If we change to steel brackets cost goes to $16.00. Need to decide at the October meeting.

Fall bulbs - Will be ordered for the bird sanctuary, gazebo, library and butterfly garden.

Scarecrow contest - Children scarecrows to be assembled by Oct 14, merchants by Oct 21. Mary and Liz to handle merchant flyers and notification of Chamber and Ocean Star. Sandy to handle children's notification.$600 budgeted for this event.

Budgeted expenses for this year were discussed.

Two new potential members Barbara Russell and her husband with links to the Women's Club expressed possible joint efforts with the club doing various activities. Some these include painting gazebo benches and using women's club house for assembling town Christmas decorations. Jacqui Reid and Elia to coordinate with them.

Rotary club is planning on making a donation to the Beautification committee. It will be placed in the towns foundation account for use when needed. It was suggested that some members attend a Rotary meeting to explain the purpose and activities of our committee. Meetings are Tuesday nights at 6:00pm.

Gary to ask Andy Cortes if Sheriff's detainees will be weeding down town this year.

Need to think about alternative garden center for next year after repeated problems with Barlow's.

Mulch status is unknown.

Miracle grow your barrels every three weeks, consider moisture pellets for next year.

Will start planning flower orders in January

Paint is chipping on the poles at the bird sanctuary, need to look at what should be done to prevent in future.

Gary to check out whether finials at welcome sign were only half painted

Next meeting Sept 27, 2016

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.



Mary Steiner


Published October20, 2016 | Beautification Committee Minutes | 2416


Municipal Forms Download for Android Download for Iphone
Download for Iphones
Download for Android


Add/Remove/Update Your Contact Information
SwiftReach Networks, Inc.

Municipal Forms

Power Outage

Hurricane Sandy Information