SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING - NO GARBAGE
All recycling should be placed out for collection in a rigid container (garbage can). RECYCLING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN PLASTIC BAGS.
PLEASE recycle these items in your container:
- NEWSPAPER & INSERTS (not bundled)
- MAGAZINES & CATALOGS (not bundled)
- JUNK MAIL & ENVELOPES
- CARDBOARD (not bundled)
- OFFICE & SCHOOL PAPERS (colored paper too)
- AEROSOL CANS (empty)
- BROWN PAPER BAGS (grocery type)
- ALUMINUM CANS; TIN & STEEL CANS (rinsed)
- GLASS JARS & BOTTLES
- PLASTIC MILK JUGS
- PLASTIC BOTTLES (with necks only).
As a rule of thumb, only those plastics containers with a neck narrower than the body are acceptable.
DO NOT put these items in your container:
- NO PLASTIC BAGS (Although the Borough cannot accommodate plastic bags in its recycling program, the Stop & Shop Supermarket at 505 Richmond Avenue does accept empty plastic bags for recycling.)
- NO FOOD WASTE
- NO FOOD TAINTED ITEMS
- NO PIZZA BOXES
- NO EGG CARTONS
- NO ICE CREAM CARTONS
- NO PAPER/WAXY MILK CARTONS
- NO ALUMINUM FOIL
- NO PLASTIC CUPS/SILVERWARE
- NO PAINT CANS
- NO GIFT WRAP PAPER
- NO JUICE BOXES/BAGS
- NO PLASTIC OTHER THAN BOTTLES (items like clear plastic strawberry containers)
- NO OIL OR ANTIFREEZE CONTAINERS PLEASE! NO PLATE GLASS, MIRRORS OR CERAMICS.
Commercial cardboard is picked up at businesses only. Must be flattened and tied in bundles no larger than four feet long.
NO CHIPBOARD such as cereal boxes.
Motor Oil and antifreeze will be acceptable only at the Drop-Off Center in clean plastic containers (milk, water bottles, etc.).
NO GASOLINE OR OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTES
Recycling Center will also accept automobile waste oil for recycling.
Batteries from flashlights, radios, toys, watches, etc. should be placed in plastic baggies and put out with garbage.
MOTOR VEHICLE AND MARINE BATTERIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DROP-OFF CENTER ONLY.
Drop-Off Center Hours: 7:00 AM - 11:30AM
and 12:30 PM - 3:45 PM
Closed on Wednesdays and Sundays
collected curbside from October 15th through December 31st. Residents are required to rake leaves into the gutter and leave loose for collection.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, since our leaves are composted.
Tree branches, bundled in lengths of five feet or less will be picked up by appointment. Call (732) 899-0705.
Full, partially full and empty paint cans will be accepted at the Drop-Off Center, Cooks Lane. Center will accept latex, oil based and boat paints only.
NO STAINS OR WOOD PRESERVATIVES.
This program is for Ocean County residents and taxpayers ONLY. Program is for homeowners only and paint will not be accepted from businesses such as paint contractors.
Waste oil, oil filters and lead acid batteries will be accepted each Monday through Saturday (7:30AM - 3:00PM) at the:
Ocean County Recycling Center
New Hampshire Avenue
(use Oberlin Avenue entrance - Gate 2)