Building Department Requirements for Fences
A Zoning Permit is required for all fences installed within the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach.
Permits may be obtained in the Building Department. The Fee is $50.00.
Permits must be obtained prior to beginning any work on the property.
Plans are required for all structural and retaining walls.
The following list shall be the minimum requirements for the issuance of a Zoning Permit for a fence in the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach:
- Submit a Zoning Application.
- Submit a copy of the property survey or plot plan (scale size) showing the location of the new fence.
- Specify the height and type of fence to be installed. The finished side (good side) shall face outwards of the property and all posts shall be placed inward of the property line.
- Rear yard fence and walls shall have a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Side yard fences and walls shall have a maximum height of four (4) feet and front yard areas shall have a maximum height of three (3) feet.
- On corner lots, fences may be erected to the rear of the dwelling on the side facing the street to a height of six (6) feet.
- All masonry walls and retaining walls must be engineered with sealed plans being submitted to the Building Department for complete structural review.
- Other restrictions and guidelines are listed within the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach Development Ordinance.